Wildfire Recovery Information Page
Effective September 15th, 2017, the Red Cross online registration portal is no longer available. Evacuees requiring registration assistance should call 1-800-863-6582 to speak to an agent. Hours of operation are 7 days a week from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time.
The Red Cross is administering two programs for Businesses and Community Groups to support recovery and resiliency efforts.
If you are a small business, (less than 50 employees), a not-for-profit organization, or a First Nation Community that has had their cultural livelihood impacted, you are encouraged to apply for a $1500 emergency grant. Full program details can be found here.
The Phase 2 roll-out for supports to small businesses is open now. For complete details, click here.
If your community group is interested in being part of the efforts to support recovery and resiliency, you are encouraged to apply to the Red Cross Community Partnership Program. This page provides valuable information on partnerships that were formed after the Alberta Fires of 2016, and can provide your community group with some ideas on how your organization may be able to assist in our recovery efforts locally. Full program information can be found here.
- Information for Agri-Recovery
- BC Assessment - Wildfire Info for Properties that Sustained Damage
- BC Assessment - Wildfire Info Youtube Link
- Small Business BC - ASK AN EXPERT October 11-25, 2017
- FORTIS BC Billing Relief
- BC HYDRO Billing Relief
- SERVICE CANADA
- BCEDA website
- Canadian Red Cross BC Wildfire Recovery Page
- Canadian Red Cross BC Wildfire Support to Small Business Page
- Williams Lake Re-Entry Guide
- Support Available for Ranchers Impacted by Wildfire