The Revitalization Tax Exemption program is an incentive program for property owners to revitalize properties within specific areas of Williams Lake. Currently there are three areas that are eligible for this program:
Applications are accepted on an on-going basis, with a deadline of September 1 for the following year Property Tax Assessments. Applications are presented to City Council for consideration at a Regular Council Meeting. Applicants are encouraged to contact Development Services for guidance on the application process and timelines.
To apply applicants are required to provide the following items:
- Completed Application Form
- Current Assessment of the subject property (ie. BC Assessment Notice)
- A detailed tax certificate showing that all the taxes have been paid for the subject property (This can be provided by City Hall Front Counter, $35 +GST fee.)
- Design Drawings of the proposed project (Typically your building permit information)
- A certificate from a design professional and if its non-structural alterations, a quote from the company who will perform the alterations confirming that the project value will exceed $20,000.
- $100 application fee